Dear Parents and Dancers,
Always mindful of our studio philosophy, “bringing out the best in every child,” Soul2Sole Dance, Inc. is very proud of its annual dance recitals. The entire staff and administration is committed to directing a professional dance experience which gives each dancer a chance to show their parents, families, and friends the results of their hard work, dedication, and progress made through the year. In addition, dance performances help build self-esteem, self-assurance, teamwork, and a general sense of confidence. These attributes are life long lessons that carry over into school and social settings.
Please take the time to read through all recital information listed after the directions to Christian Heritage Academy.
Looking forward to a wonderful weekend,
Need directions to CHA?
Christian Heritage Academy is located in the heart of Chicago’s north suburbs. With easy access to Interstate 294 as well as Interstate 94, located just south of Willow Road on Waukegan Road in Northfield, IL.
2012 Soul Awards Recital Information
Christian Heritage Academy, 315 N. Waukegan Road, Northfield
Saturday, May 26th Recital show times:
11:00 a.m. (dress rehearsal on Wednesday, May 23rd at 5:30 p.m.)
1:45 p.m. (dress rehearsal on Friday, May 25th at 5:30 p.m.)
4:30 p.m. (dress rehearsal on Thursday, May 24th at 5:30 p.m.)
7:15 p.m. (dress rehearsal on Monday, May 21st at 5:30 p.m.)
Sunday, May 27th Recital show times:
3:00 p.m. (dress rehearsal on Tuesday, May 22nd at 5:30 p.m.)
5:45 p.m. (dress rehearsal on Sunday, May 20th at 3:00 p.m.)
8:30 p.m. (dress rehearsal on Sunday, May 20th at 6:30 p.m.)
What You Need to Know for Dress Rehearsal
Please make sure to arrive 30 minutes prior to start time.
DRESS REHEARSAL WILL START EXACTLY ON TIME. WE WILL NOT WAIT FOR ANY DANCER.
1. STUDENTS MUST COME DRESSED IN COSTUME WITH FULL MAKEUP AND HAIR DONE. (The specific requirements for each instructor will be available shortly.) If you are performing in more than one number, please come dressed in the costume for your FIRST number with hair and full makeup for that number. (The SHOW RUNNING ORDERS are posted at each studio and at each theater.)
2. IMMEDIATELY UPON ARRIVAL INTO THE THEATER, ALL STUDENTS MUST FIND THEIR SEATS LABELED IN ROWS BY CLASS, DAY, TIME, AND TEACHER. If a student is performing in more than one number, they may go to the dressing room labeled #2 to leave additional costumes, and then find the row for their first number. As they complete rehearsal of each number, they change costumes in the dressing room labeled #2 and then sit with their class for their second number and so on. (The SHOW RUNNING ORDERS are posted at each studio and at each theater.)
3. AFTER ALL YOUR NUMBERS ARE REHEARSED YOU MAY LEAVE.
4. VIDEOTAPING OF RECITALS IS ALLOWED ONLY DURING DRESS REHEARSAL. YOU MAY ORDER RECITAL DVDs OF ANY SHOW. DVD Order Forms are available at both studios.
5. NO TALKING BACKSTAGE OR IN THE THEATER DURING DRESS REHEARSAL PERFORMANCES – please be respectful of EVERY performer.
6. NO FOOD OR DRINK IS ALLOWED IN THE THEATER. PLEASE RESPECT THIS RULE. There will be a designated area for eating.
7. PLEASE RESPECT THE VENUE BY MAKING SURE TO KEEP THE DRESSING ROOM AND HALLWAYS ORGANIZED AND CLEAN.
8. NO GUM CHEWING IS ALLOWED.
What you need to know for Show Day! (Recital)
Please make sure to arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of your show!!
THESE RECITALS WILL START EXACTLY ON TIME. WE WILL NOT WAIT FOR ANYONE!!
1. STUDENTS MUST COME DRESSED IN COSTUME WITH FULL MAKEUP AND HAIR DONE.
(Please check with your instructor for specific requirements. If you are performing in more than one number, please come dressed in the costume for your first number with full hair and makeup. See SHOW RUNNING ORDER located at each studio and theater. If you are in more than one number you are in dressing room #2. Please change immediately after each of your numbers and then proceed to the waiting room/holding area. If you are only in one number you should already be dressed. Please proceed to the waiting room/holding area.
2. Upon entering the theater, students must immediately proceed to the appropriate dressing room #2 (if in more than one number) or to the waiting room/holding area to find and sit with their class while waiting to perform. Parents should drop off their child(ren) at either the dressing room or waiting room/holding area where adult chaperones will be supervising at all times. Parents should then find an usher who will help them locate their seats in the auditorium. Students must wait in the waiting room/holding area for the “runner” to call their song title. This signifies that their class is about to perform. Students should be listening for their song title and be ready to go.
3. After each class has finished performing, the students will return to the waiting room/holding area and remain there until the end of the show. No student is allwed to leave or sit in the theater. If you are in more than one number, you are to immediately change into your next costume and wait for the “runner”to call your next song title.
4. Please pick up your child(ren) in the waiting room/holding area after the curtian call is completed at the end of the show.
5. VIDEOTAPING OF RECITALS AND FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED!!! We have contracted with a professional dance videography company. DVDs are available to purchase. Order forms are available at both studios and at the recital.
6. Absolutely NO TALKING backstage.
7. NO FOOD OR DRINK IS ALLOWED IN THE THEATER. There will be designated areas for eating.
8. PLEASE RESPECT THE VENUE BY MAKING SURE TO KEEP THE DRESSING ROOMS AND HALLWAYS ORGANIZED AND NEAT AND CLEAN.
9. NO GUM CHEWING IS ALLOWED.
TO SHOW YOUR CHILD(REN) HOW SPECIAL
THEY ARE — A SELECTION OF FLOWERS AND
GIFTS WILL BE AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE —
PLEASE TELL YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!
Soul2Sole Dance, Inc.
799 Central Avenue, Highland Park phone: 847-579-4660/fax: 847-579-4668
1350 Abbott Court, Buffalo Grove phone: 847-276-2820/fax: 847-276-2825
ballet…jazz…lyrical…hip hop…poms…acting…birthday parties
ages 3 thru Adult
Copyright © 2013 Soul2Sole Dance, Inc. All Rights Reserved. BCV.